Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technology - Certificate of Achievement - Level 2
San José City College offers two certificates and an Associate in Science (A.S.) in Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology. This program is designed to develop the appreciation, knowledge, and skills essential for employment in the air conditioning and refrigeration industry. Instruction includes both theory and practical work with refrigeration and air conditioning machinery, electrical equipment, and related mathematics. A grade of “C” or better is required in each course in the major and approved major electives for each certificate and degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the components that constitute Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems. Perform Maintenance and Repair on complex Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems.
- Competence in analyzing, maintaining, servicing and commissioning Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems. Problem-solve and troubleshoot complex Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems using analytical and methodical practices.
- Ability to interpret and process Wiring Diagrams and Pipe Diagrams. Demonstrate proficiency in writing service reports in both hard and soft copy.
- Competence and skill in maintaining energy efficient Air Conditioning and Refrigeration equipment. Recognize and be capable of implementing modern technologies so as to maintain proper and efficient functionality of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and in groups of all social and economic backgrounds. Demonstrate awareness of Global Warming, Green House Gases Effect and Ozone Depletion as related to use of common Refrigerants.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity when dealing with customers and employers. Exercise professional courtesy in the workplace.
- Recognize proper attire and etiquettes expected of Professional Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technicians and Engineers. Perform Mechanical and Electrical installations of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems that are both safe and aesthetically pleasing.
This certificate can be completed in two semesters by taking the Day Time Accelerated Program
|AIRC 121||Air Conditioning Principles||4|
|AIRC 122||Refrigeration Principles||4|
|AIRC 131||Intermediate Air Conditioning||4.5|
|AIRC 132||Refrigeration Service||4.5|
|FMT 100||Introduction to Facilities Maintenance||3.5|