Laser Technology - Certificate of Achievement Level 3
Lasers are now the enabling devices of choice for many industries that range from medicine, entertainment, telecommunications, and aesthetics, to quality control. Their ubiquity has resulted in the sky-rocketing demand for personnel who are well-versed in laser technology for both technical and non-technical positions. We therefore give our students both theoretical and hands-on competencies needed to tackle most common problems and issues encountered in the laser/laser system environments through regular course and industry internships.
Students must satisfactorily complete all major and certificate courses with a grade of “C” or better and at least four courses must be completed at San José City College.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Comply with ANSI and OSHA laser safety standards.
- Verify the quality of laser parts and sub-assemblies, applying appropriate standards.
- Build lasers/laser systems following prescribed procedures.
- Write and/or follow procedures for lasers/laser systems testing and operation.
- Verify a laser/laser system’s reliability and compliance to performance specifications.
- Maintain and troubleshoot lasers/laser systems.
|FMT 105||Introduction to Industrial Electronics and Controls||2.5|
|LASER 100||Introduction to Photonics||4|
|LASER 101||Rapid Laser Optics 3-D Prototyping||4|
|LASER 102||Intermediate Laser Technology||4|
|LASER 103||Advanced Laser Technology||4|
|LASER 104||Fiber Laser Technology||4|
|PHYS 002A||Algebra/Trigonometry-Based Physics I||4|
|MATH 013||Intermediate Algebra||5|