Theatre Arts Associate in Arts for Transfer
The Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer (AA-T) meets the lower division course requirements necessary for the California State University (CSU) system. Theatre students gain self-confidence and work in a collaborative environment through class projects and performances. Theatre encourages students to take risks, to focus on their intentions and the tremendous power of personal commitment to a project or play. The core values of our Theatre Arts program are personal integrity, social justice, and examining how art imitates life.
The Associate in Arts in Theatre for Transfer degree will be awarded upon completion of coursework totaling 60 California State University (CSU) transferable units including the major requirements and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or California State University General Education (CSU GE) requirements with a minimum grade point average of 2.0. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
To be awarded the Associate in Arts in Theatre for Transfer degree, students must:
(1) Complete 60 semester units or 90 quarter units which are eligible for transfer to the California State University (CSU) system, including both of the following:
(A) The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
(B) A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
(2) Obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADTs) also require that students must earn a “C” or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
- Recognize major artists and historical/cultural trends and styles
- Utilize the broader vocabulary of theatre as well as discipline-specific terminology in the objective and subjective analysis of theatre.
- Build competency in performance skills and concepts.
- Demonstrate engagement, participation, and civility in the classroom/theatrical setting.
|THEAT 020||Introduction to Theatre||3|
|or THEAT 015||Theatre History 1|
|THEAT 002||Beginning Acting||3|
|THEAT 030||Theatre Rehearsal and Performance||3|
|or THEAT 033||Technical Theatre in Production|
|List A: Select three courses from the following not already used|
|THEAT 003||Intermediate Acting||3|
|THEAT 050||Introduction to Theatre Design||3|
|THEAT 051||Costume Design||3|
|THEAT 052||Stage Makeup||3|
|THEAT 033||Technical Theatre in Production||1-3|
|General Education Pattern||37-39|
|CSU GE Breadth or||39|
|Transfer Elective Units||8-9|