Accounting - Associate in Science
San José City College offers a Certificate of Achievement and an Associate in Science (AS) in Accounting. This curriculum provides training for paraprofessional accountants, payroll clerks, bookkeepers, and similar workers in banks and business firms. Graduates from this program are qualified to meet the demands of offices requiring special skills in general bookkeeping and machine bookkeeping. Students may achieve an employment skill through this one-year program. An advanced course in the certificate must be taken at San José City College. A “C” grade or better is required in all required major and certificate courses including the approved program elective courses.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Compute, classify, record, and verify numerical data to develop and maintain financial records and statements.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, research relevant data, and think critically and analytically about possible solutions for financial problems.
- Receive and process written and oral financial information and interpret financial information including financial statements for management, investors, clients and other interested users.
- Record and prepare financial records and statements using accounting software.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and interact effectively in teams consisting of individuals with differing interests, gender, global backgrounds and professions.
- Ability to understand and implement the ethical responsibility of the accountant to society.
|ACCTG 020||Financial Accounting||5|
|ACCTG 021||Managerial Accounting||5|
|ACCTG 062||Cost Accounting||5|
|ACCTG 063||Intermediate Accounting||5|
|ACCTG 097||Introduction to Income Taxes||3|
|BUS 007A||Business Language Skills||3|
|BUS 071||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|CIS 041||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3|
A.S. Degree Requirements
|General Education Requirements||24|