Business Administration 2.0 - Associate in Science for Transfer
The Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degree in Business Administration 2.0 meets the lower division course requirements necessary for the California State University (CSU) system. It is a blend of disciplines including accounting, business law, business theory, economics, and mathematics. This degree is ideally suited for students wanting to pursue careers in any size business, whether profit or non-profit. The courses offer a strong foundation for concentrating in business areas such as Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing.
To be awarded the Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer degree, students must:
(1) Complete 60 semester units or 90 quarter units which are eligible for transfer to the California State University (CSU) system, including both of the following:
(A) The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the CSU General Education – Breadth Requirements (CSU GE).
(B) A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
(2) Obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADTs) also require that students must earn a “C” or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental business concepts and principles and how they apply to the strategic interests of business organizations in the competitive environment.
- Collaborate effectively as a member of a diverse team to define a business problem, collect relevant information, identify potential solutions, and select and support an appropriate course of action.
- Prepare and present a cohesive, coherent oral argument, proposal, or illustration that advances the interests of a business organization.
- Develop an awareness of ethical, social justice, and social responsibility issues in the business and economic environment and identify connections between individual and collective rights and responsibilities.
|ACCTG 020||Financial Accounting||5|
|ACCTG 021||Managerial Accounting||5|
|ECON 010A||Principles of Macroeconomic Theory||3|
|ECON 010B||Introduction to Microeconomic Theory||3|
|MATH 063||Elementary Statistics||3|
|BUS 071||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS 082||Introduction to Business||3|
|Calculus for Business and the Social Sciences|
|MATH 071||Calculus I With Analytic Geometry||5|
|or MATH 071H||Honors Calculus I With Analytic Geometry|
A.S.-T Degree Requirements
|CSU Transferable Electives||0-4|
NOTE: As necessary to reach 60 units required for the AS-T degree in Business Administration 2.0