English As a Second Language - ESL Certificate of Competency
ESL In Career and College - Intermediate
The ESL Certificate of Competency will prepare students to progress in a career path or to undertake degree-applicable or non-degree applicable credit courses.
The ESL Certificate of Competency will be issued by the ESL Department. The ESL Certificate of Competency will not appear on student transcripts.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Communicate effectively at the workplace using appropriate career-specific vocabulary.
- Distinguish main ideas from details in oral or written communication.
- Write and edit compositions at the intermediate level of proficiency.
- Follow instructions, ask questions, and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrate the ability to use information technology.
At least three courses with a minimum total number of hours of 160.
|Student must take two of the following:|
|ESL 532||Intermediate-Low Reading and Writing||0|
|ESL 550||ESL for the Workplace||0|
|Choose the third course from one of the following:|
|ESL 531||Intermediate-Low Listening/Speaking||0|
|ESL 510||ESL for Computers and Computing||0|
|ESL 500||ESL in the Health Care Setting||0|
|ESL 542||Grammar for Writers 2||0|