Construction Technology - Associate in Science
Successful completion of the Construction Technology program prepares students for entry into the construction trades, which require a technical skill and understanding of construction processes. Highlights: Program designed for immediate employment, upgrading of job skills, and potential opportunities for career self-employment. Courses can be transferable to four-year institutions. A grade of “C” or better is required in all major, certificate and major elective courses.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Building Inspector
- Concrete Form Setter
- Construction Worker
- Construction Management
- Drywall Hanger, Taper, and Texturing
- Home Improvement Material Retail Sales
- Insulation Installer
- Residential Maintenance
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate use of construction tools, methods and materials, follow safety practices and procedures used in the industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of construction terms, concepts, and hands-on applications.
- Read and interpret building codes, blueprints, manuals, specifications, shop drawings.
- Apply effective use of emerging technologies in the construction trades including application Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and energy efficiency.
|CNSTR 101A||Tools, Materials, and Safety||2|
|CNSTR 101B||Residential Construction Framing||3|
|CNSTR 102A||Residential Plumbing Systems||3|
|CNSTR 102B||Residential/Commercial Wiring||3|
|CNSTR 105||Concrete Construction||3|
|CNSTR 110||Building Information Modeling (BIM) 101||3|
|CNSTR 115||Blueprint Reading||3|
|CNSTR 117||OSHA Construction Safety Standards||1|
|CNSTR 120||Building Codes||3|
|CNSTR 125||Energy Efficiency Construction||3|
|Complete 9 non-duplicated units from the following approved major electives:|
|CNSTR 103||Roof Framing Systems||3|
|CNSTR 104||Interior/Exterior Finish||3|
|CNSTR 107||Principles of Contracting||3|
|CNSTR 118||Project Management for Construction||3|
|CNSTR 128||National Electrical Code & Calculations||3|
|CNSTR 138||Work Experience||1-8|
|FMT 100||Introduction to Facilities Maintenance||3.5|
|SOLAR 102||Introduction to Photovoltaic Installation||3.5|
A.S. Degree Requirements
|General Education Requirements||24|