Art - Associate in Arts
San José City College offers both an Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) in Art degree. Students planning to follow a transfer pattern should use the Associate in Arts degree. This degree may not transfer to all universities, and students need to inquire of the universities if they have a bachelor’s degree for their upper division course work. The Associate in Science has 2 possible areas of emphasis: Drawing and Painting or Photography. A minimum of 3 courses in the Art major must be taken at San José City College. A grade of “C” or better is required in each course in the major and area of emphasis for graduation.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize the broader vocabulary of art and design as well as discipline-specific terminology in the objective and subjective analysis of artworks.
- Build competency in technical skills and concepts.
- Establish a creative practice which includes problem solving skills.
- Recognize major artists and historical/cultural trends and styles.
- Demonstrate engagement, participation, and civility in the classroom/studio setting.
|ART 012||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 013||Three Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 014||Color Theory||3|
|ART 024||Beginning Drawing||3|
|ART 026||Intermediate Drawing||3|
|ART 091||Survey of Art History: Prehistoric Through Gothic||3|
|ART 092||Survey of Art History: Renaissance to the Present||3|
A. A. Degree Requirements
|General Education Requirements||39|