CIS Microsoft Networks - MCSE - Certificate of Achievement Level 2
The CIS Network Administration certificate and degree programs are designed to provide students with the necessary skills to gain employment as a network administrator. Most business computers are being connected in networks. The industry needs skilled people to configure, troubleshoot, and maintain these networks. The Network Administration Program is designed to train students to fill these needs. Five certificates and three Associate in Science Degrees specializing in MCSA, MCSA, CCNA, General Networking, and UNIX Networks are offered.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the components that constitute a computer information system. Identify various hardware, software, data, computer number systems, and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact and application of computers in business, government, and social organizations. Students solve common business problems with computer applications and the internet.
- Receive and process written and oral technology related information. Students Interpret technology communication concepts including wired and wireless networks, servers and clients, users interfaces, operating systems, applications, utilities, and programming languages.
- Recognize the influence of the Internet on business and terms relating to the World Wide Web. Students perform the fundamental functions that operating systems and applications software provides. Students demonstrate skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, and use of Internet. Students will recognize a programming language and demonstrate steps involved in developing an application.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and interact effectively in teams consisting of individuals with differing interests, gender, global backgrounds and professions.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise professional, ethical responsibility in the use of technology in society.
|CIS 017B||Windows Server||3|
|CIS 017C||Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory||3|
|CIS 017D||Microsoft Windows Server Network Infrastructure||3|
|Select 6 units from the following:||6|
|Internet Principles and Protocols|
|Introduction to Computer Information Systems|
|Introduction to PC Hardware and Diagnostics|
|A+ PC Hardware Technology|
|A+ Core PC Operating Systems Technology|
|Visual Basic Programming|