Alcohol and Drug Studies - Certificate of Achievement Level 2
The San José City College Chemical Dependency Certificate is a certified CCAPP program and is designed to meet the California Consortium of Addiction Professionals and Programs (CCAPP) requirement of 315 hours of approved Alcohol and Drug training education; and 255 hours of Supervised Practicum. In addition the ADS program meets the requirements of the California Association of Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CAADE) with the General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, and Social Programs certificate requirements.
- Counselors in a Social Model county residential program
- Counselors in Pre-treatment, Inpatient, Outpatient, and After Care programs in hospital based
- Adolescent and Youth Programs
- Chemical Dependency Marketing
- Chemical Dependency Community Prevention and Education
- Recovery/Relapse counseling in the private sector upon completion of CCAPP Certification process
- Criminal Justice Treatment Programs
- DUI education
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will achieve a minimum of satisfactory in their written supervisor review in both Supervised Practicum A and B.
- Students will achieve at least 70% pass rates on midterm and final examinations in Psychopharmacology of Addiction.
- Students will present a full case summary from point of entry through discharge in case management and Supervised Practicum B.
A minimum of 3 courses in the major must be taken at San Jose City College. A grade of "C" or better is required in each course in the major for the degree and the certificate.
|ADS 070||Introduction to Chemical Dependency||3|
|ADS 071||Pharmacology/Physiology of Addiction||3|
|ADS 072||Codependency & Family Dynamics||3|
|ADS 073||Case Management||3|
|ADS 074||Ethics, and Personal and Professional Growth||3|
|ADS 075A||Counseling Theories and Skills||3|
|ADS 076||Law and Prevention: Community Response||3|
|ADS 077A||Supervised Practicum A||2|
|ADS 077B||Supervised Practicum B||2|
|ADS 079||Group Dynamics||3|
|ADS 138||Work Experience||4|