Mission, Vision, Values, Goals
The mission of San José City College is to serve our students and the community by offering high quality, relevant, and innovative instruction for basic skills, career pathways, university transfer, and life-long learning. We strive to accomplish this by awarding certificates and associate degrees to eligible students taught in a multicultural environment where student achievement, successful learning and social justice are highly valued, supported, and continually assessed.
The vision of San José College is to be an educational institution of excellence through:
- The guiding principles of opportunity, equity, and open, equitable access for student success and achievement.
- An exceptional learning environment that challenges and empowers students through teaching excellence, robust student support programs, innovation, and state-of-the-art technologies that prepare students with the knowledge, relevant transferable skills, creativity, ethics and values to succeed and thrive in a dynamic healthy global environment.
- A culture of inquiry and evidence that is characterized by the commitment of faculty, staff and students to be accountable for learning excellence through the assessment of measurable and meaningful learning outcomes that lead to improved learning, and to inform data-driven decisions that foster adaptability in programs and services.
The values of San José College are:
- Priority Driven
The college strategic goals are:
- The College will pursue academic excellence to stimulate student success.
- The College will enhance institutional effectiveness to foster a healthy organization with all constituencies.
- The College will engage in continuous campus improvement.
- The College will promote community connections to create a strong economy, foster social-economic equity, and advance the District’s interest.