User Experience and Interaction Design - Associate in Science
The Associate in Science in User Experience and Interaction Design Program approaches UX and other forms of product design through a human-centered approach, placing users and their needs as the focus of the work. This includes everything from creating effective and enjoyable user experiences to ethical and safe interactions between the user research and the product. The program begins with the foundational concepts of good design: human-computer interaction, usability, user experience, and user research.
Students will conduct user research to gain insights into real users; their backgrounds, goals, and behaviors. Customer insights will be used to develop scenarios and storyboards to formulate early visuals of the design concept. Students will have the opportunity to use leading software tools to bring the design concept to fruition, gaining applied design skills in real-world UX, UI, and product design. At the completion of the degree, students will have a UX Portfolio consisting of real-world designs, and course units that may transfer to a four-year program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate principles of visual design, perception, and cognition that inform effective interaction design.
- Analyze the usage of prototypes to receive feedback from other stakeholders like teammates, clients, and users.
- Describe the principles of User Experience research which includes conducting interviews, evaluating, and analyzing systems.
- Demonstrate the User Experience Process through personalized projects based on user research and qualitative analysis.
- Apply User Experience fundamentals by researching user needs, testing prototypes, and designing concepts.
- Describe the critical design thinking skills needed to either improve an existing product or design a new product.
|Complete 8 of the following:
|Introduction to Digital Media Arts
|Introduction to Typography
|Fundamentals of Web Design
|Design Thinking and Digital Storytelling
|Principles of User Experience
|Interaction Design and Prototyping
|Complete 4 of the following:
|Three Dimensional Design
|Life Drawing I
|Introduction to Web Development
|Introduction to Graphic Design
|Motion Graphics I
|Digital Video Production
|Animation for Web and Media
|Beginning Darkroom Photography
|Beginning Digital Photography
A.S. Degree Requirements
|General Education Requirements