The Career/Transfer Center
The Career/Transfer Center (C/TC) is committed to supporting our students in achieving their educational life goals by promoting their career development and transfer to a 4-year institution. To achieve this, we provide quality and comprehensive resources, activities, and services that foster equity, life-long learning, and career/transfer success in a nurturing environment.
Choosing an academic major and a career goal are important decisions. Our experienced and friendly staff is available to help students explore occupations and career fields through extensive resources. Our goal is to inspire and empower individuals to achieve their full potential. To further benefit career development, the center offers many online career exploration tools.
In highlighting the transfer process, it is noted that many trajectories expand student options. Therefore it is never too early to begin planning for transfer to a four-year college or university. We highly encourage students to visit us as soon as they begin their studies at SJCC. Students who have completed a minimum of 30 transferable units should meet with a counselor to review their transfer eligibility and discuss a transfer plan as transfer requirements may vary from campus to campus. Generally students apply for transfer one year prior to transferring to the university.
- Assistance in exploring major, college/university, and career options
- Access to information on ADT’s (AA-T, AS-T), and traditional degrees and certificates
- Access to college and university catalogs, both in print and online
- Advising and assistance for Transfer Admission Agreements/Guarantees programs
- Bus tours to four-year colleges/universities
- Career and Transfer Advising assistance
- Career Assessment
- Internet access for educational research
- Information for university transfer to a 4-year colleges/universities
- Major College Career Fair
- Career & Transfer Workshops
- Online computer databases for career/transfer and educational exploration
- Transfer success preparation workshops
- Transfer University/College Fairs
- Individual appointments with transfer advisor and university representatives
- Online video conferencing for student transfer and virtual fairs
- 4-year University Application Assistance
- & MUCH MORE!
The Career/Transfer Center is located on the second floor of the Student Services building in Room SC-216A. Please note, computer access is available in the center for Career/Transfer information and assistance.
Please visit our website for updated transfer information and links: http://www.sjcc.edu/current-students/on-campus-resources/career-transfer-center
Contact us at (408) 288-3763 or via email: email@example.com